Thursday, July 19, 2007

New Theme...maybe. (Harry Potter)

From now on I am blogging about movies I watch. I watch them like everyday, if I can. & Hey! I'm not Leonard Maltin so don't expect me to write reviews all fancy & thought out. You hear me Maltin!? I'm comin' for you! You fuckin' swine! You sick sick pervert. You may have seen more "Goofy" cartoons than me, but I've got more fury in my fist than you!

So tonight, I went to go see the new Harry Potter picture.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Yes, this one is called Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, & I only know that because I just checked the title on IMDB. I generally find all the Harry Potter films entertaining when I watch them, & then relatively disposable. No offense, Potter enthusiasts, they just don't sink in so hard. This one was no different for me. It was pretty good, though. I liked it.

This one's about how the Hoghouse school is getting shitty because this old fancy Christian Republican bitch keeps trying take over the school & she's like in the Wizard Illuminati. Even Dumbledaggle hates her. Dumbledorf is a fuckin' badass in this movie, I wish there had been more of him. Yeah I wish there'd been more fighting & action packed stuff. I liked it though. I never got bored. Sometimes I get confused because I don't know what they're talking about w/ all the "Valdaball! Expeliarmus! Dumbledingledoo!" Also, I saw this IMAX & we were sitting in the front so I had to move my head around to try to take in everything onscreen. Oh yeah, the climactic final 20 minutes are in 3-D when you see it IMAX! That was cool. ...Probably coulda been more wands pointing my face though... & I think my colorblindness affects the way I see 3-D. Maybe I can go to the eye-doctor & ask him to give me prescription 3-D glasses to correct my colorblindness when I see all the 3-D movies that get released.

On another note, from about 2001 to 2005 I pretty much couldn't escape accusations of being Harry Potter. I even changed my appearance to try to avoid it. New glasses, longer hair, gaining 200 lbs. I never thought I looked like him, but many ESL vendors & restaurant workers were convinced I was Daniel Radcliffe, or just "Harry Potter." It is nice to see that Mr. Radcliffe adolescent puberty face has blown up a little bit so that I can resume my identity.

I saw this w/ Louise & Daphne. We had fun!

Here's the shitty poster they could have tried harder on.


ps oh yeah today is my birthday & I'm working at the Silent Movie Theatre tonight. So I'll be watching Josef Von Sternberg's first film "The Salvation Hunters".

No comments: