Monday, March 16, 2015

Dad the Drunk

"Son." said Dad.
"Yeah, Dad."
"It me. Your drunk dad." said Dad. He'd been drinking.
"Dad I can smell the drunk on your breath."
"Don't you judge me, boy!" said Dad.
"Dad, I won't talk to you when you're drunk!" said son.
"I'm not drunk!"
"You say things when you're drunk." said son.
"I never loved you!"
"You're just saying that cuz you're drunk." said Son.

He knew his dad too well. But Dad thought he knew himself better.

"Nuh-uh, I mean it!" said Dad.
"You wouldn't say that if you were sober!"
"Well wait til I sober up and I'll prove it!" said Dad.
"So you admit you're drunk."
"Shut up and wait, you'll see I don't love you!" said Dad.

Dad and Son sat for several hours waiting for Dad to sober up. They had to wait extra long because while they were waiting Dad drank more so that added to the wait time. But then he finally ran out of stuff to drink and sobered up.

"I love you son. I'm sorry I drank." said Dad.
"I knew it." said son.
"I gotta get another drink." said Dad.

Then he found a hidden drink he'd hidden from himself and drank it.

"You think you're bette than me boy? I take back my apology, I hope you know I didn't mean it!" said Dad the drunk.
"You're saying that because you're drunk again." said son.
"Drink with your dad." said Dad, offering son a drink.
"I don't drink because you're a drunk." said son.

Then both Dad and Son stood up and walked to the foot of the stage and took a bow. The audience applauded at the dramatic play. Both actors who played Dad and Son won theatre awards for their harrowing portrayals.

1 comment:

Sebastian O said...

This story is just like my life and my dad.