Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Broken Plans

Rick and Connie had plans tonight. Rick walked into Connie's house, excited and all done up. Connie didn't seem ready yet.

"Hey Babe." said Rick to his girlfriend Connie.
"Hi hun." said Connie.

Connie was tidying up her place.

"I'm super excited for tonight." said Rick.
"Oh, about that..." said Connie.
"About what?"
"The plans."
"Yeah?" said Rick, concerned.
"I'm just feeling kind of tired." said Connie.

A look of confusion came over Rick.

"But I thought we were gonna go throw up on everything we saw." he said.
"I just have had a long week." said Connie.
"You always have long weeks."
"Well, you can still go throw up on everything you see, I'm just feeling a bit tired is all." said Connie.

Rick was at a loss for words.

"...I was really looking forward to throwing up on everything together." said Rick.
"I'll throw up with you another time."
"I can't remember the last time we went and threw up on everything." said Rick.
"We still do." said Connie.
"No we don't. Not like we used to." said Rick.
"Fine. Fine, we can go throw up on everything." said Connie.
"No. I don't want to like drag you along to throw up on stuff. I want you to want to throw up on stuff."
"I do, just not tonight." said Connie.
"You always say that and it just makes me feel like when?" said Rick.

Rick walked to the other side of the room and put his hands on his hips.

"I don't think you even like throwing up on everything you see. Or is it me? You just don't want to throw up with me." said Rick, looking to the ground.
"No, it's not you, but you don't respect how busy my schedule has been. All you seem to like to do is throw up on things."
"We don't even throw up on each other anymore." said Rick.

This one cut deep to Connie. 

"I'm sorry," she said, "maybe we ought to have a serious talk."

No comments: